40 Rube Goldberg Triggers


I've been working on a project for Derby Silk Mill  that they are calling the 'What if machine'. It's a Rube Goldberg machine with a twist, instead of assembling all of the machine in the museum over the course of a week, they're inviting teams of people to bring 'modules' for the machine along on the day. Each module is pre built and tested and will have a team of people responsible for resetting the module when it goes wrong. This should allow the entire machine to be reset and run again in super fast time. 

So now imagine that you have 20 of these modules and you need a reliable way to connect between the two modules that both teams can practice with before the big day. That's why I created one of these triggers, by placing one at the start and end of the machine you know exactly how to connect to the machine next door. I laser cut 40 of these and assembled them by hand but I wanted to make sure it was all going to work before I sent them to teams around the country. So I tacked them all down to the bench and ran this the following test.
280/291






Popular posts from this blog

Wiring the Ruida Controller

Rainbow Puzzle Box

Laser Cut Cryptex