Saturday, 7 January 2012
Friday, 6 January 2012
Another Christmas present, I wanted to get my brother in law a rocket kit but it wasn't within the budget, so we bought the rocket separately and I made the launcher. Designed, laser cut and assembled in one pass, sure the first name would be better the other way round but I was surprised it even worked first time so I left it like that. The blast plate is a lid from a bean tin. (svg here although you probably want to change the name)
Thursday, 5 January 2012
These cards have made an appearance before but this time they are different. Notably cleaner because of the new frame, but I also removed a lot of the weak points (I have more to remove) so they are sturdier and more fit for purpose.
Wednesday, 4 January 2012
I have been trying to cut some cards with less scorch marks and ash. This frame holds a sheet of A4 and replaces the honeycomb bed so there are no reflections making scorch marks. The top and bottom frames are slightly different to allow air to get under the frame. It works well, a piece of paper over the top collects most of the ash too.(svg here) And I meant to say this frame was made entirely from the scraps around the edges of the previous cuts, I have a few other plans for these areas too.
Tuesday, 3 January 2012
Monday, 2 January 2012
This is much of a prototype for a model horadric cube from Diablo II. The biggest problem with it is that the underlying box isn't actually cube. I used a parametric box generator but it has made one axis slightly too long. I still like the look of it though so full steam ahead with a cube shaped version.
Further investigation leads me to believe this is actually a bit more like the nephalem cube, which is going to appear in Diablo III
I've had a bit of a making frenzy over Christmas so figured I should post some of these things up. Normal service will be resumed with the laser tomorrow. I posted a slightly noddy instructable for this one...