Lino, oh no


I was asked to cut some stencils for someone through Derby Hackspace. The design didn't lend itself well to stencils, too many islands, but it should be fine with a stamp or print. I had a quick look to see what other people had done and a few guys suggested Lino was fine under the laser. I was sent a few sheets to try and the results are pretty good. As with the previous rubber stamps the surface gets covered in a fine powder of vaporised materials... or so I thought when I came to hoover it up it turned out to be quite sticky. The tar had spread across most of the inside of the laser and it required some pretty serious cleaning before I could cut the next items. Lino is a definite no for me from now onwards. The project is still going ahead but now with Laser rubber so I'll post that up when done.

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring the Ruida Controller

Rainbow Puzzle Box

Laser Cut Cryptex